Thursday, July 10, 2014

Fall 2014 Sewing Classes

I will be offering sewing classes this fall - beginning and intermediate level.  Classes will be offered on Friday's in Lawrence, morning and afternoon.  The location is 146 Indian Ave, in east Lawrence.

Sewing meets the same time as the Encore Fine Arts groups.  I can try to accommodate music students that wish to take a sewing class as well as participate in a musical opportunity

Although an exact starting date hasn't been determined, it would most likely be the second or third Friday in September.  Classes meet for approximately 75 minutes each week. The semester consists of at least nine class meetings, perhaps ten, if it can be fit in.  The cost is $95.00 per semester.

I have had both girls and boys take my classes, from third grade and up - through adult. I rely on the parent to let me know if their student is ready for a class that involves a lot of  "hands on" and attention to detail.

Each student needs a portable sewing machine and supplies that would need to come to class each week.  The goal is to make one or two simple projects in the beginning class.  The intermediate class would work on a more difficult project, completing one of two projects by the end of the semester.

In order to get the most out of my classes, each student will need to practice sewing skills between class meetings.

Please email me at hsmom@sbcglobal.net with questions or to sign up. Class size is limited.